Friday, May 27, 2011

Poking around Antiques



While driving around we came upon Candy's Creekside Antique Store and grounds - sprawling property with tons of interesting great old stuff... loved poking around some of the nostalgic things here. Hope you like what I did with some of the photos that I took to make them look old...










Here are some great old Kitchen antiques that Cheryl found - remember all that old 'milk glass' kitchenware and how about that old Sunbeam Mixer... cake anyone?










This beautiful old tractor in mint condition sat in front of Candy's Creekside Cottage Antiques in a beautiful pink glow - couldn't help but shoot it... tough but feminine.
















I worked a little creative magic on this photo - I Sepia toned it with a browntone color and then I colorized the tractor and wheels alone and leaving the rest of the photo antique brown to give it an old feel.








We came across this old truck and broken down building and from where I stood I could see an old antique wringer washer through the open window...look closely - can you see it? I love this scene...everything just forgotten and left behind.





As with the tractor, I decided to work a little on this photo by colorizeing the truck and the Coke sign to give it a more antique look.









Not sure if you can read the sign to the left of the Antiques sign - above the tub... but it says "Loan for Farmers" which I loved - besides the outdoor tub of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment