Saturday, May 2, 2009

My favorite place in St Louis, MO


Linda & Barb took us to the Cathedral Basilica of St Louis, which is on Lindell Blvd in St Louis. I would highly recommend this as a first stop if you ever visit St Louis. You will need a really wide angle lens for your camera and a good tripod because this Basilica is a joy to photograph with the right equipment. Needless to say - my lens was not large enough to capture the exterior at all and I was only carrying my little gorrila-pod, not my good tripod - so did the best I could with the equipment I had - but regardless of the ability to shoot this wonder - I was able to enjoy it's beauty. I have to say that outside of the Basilica St Peter in Rome - this is by far the most beautiful Basilica - Cathedral or Church I have ever seen. It's a definite go back to see again... This photo is just one of the countless beautiful ceilings insde.

No comments:

Post a Comment